Sunday, July 5, 2009

Some Edmonton Summer

This is the first weekend since I've been back that I have a Saturday off. It feels like a long weekend.

Most of the house went to the Calgary Stampede this weekend and Bryce left for camping on Thrusday night. I didn't feel like going to the Stampede and thought I'd use the weekend to catch up on things.

Jeff and Janna were in town this weekend trying to find a a place to stay come the fall. Jeff stayed at our house so it was a good thing I stuck around the weekend. They ended up finding a place 2 blocks north of Whyte Ave and 3 blocks east of the farmers market. Janna left Saturday morning and in the afternoon Jeff and me went to the driving range and for a 9 hole golf round with Tim and Dank. Not trying to make you jealous Pete, but it felt like you should have been there.
We golfed at a course just outside of Sherwood Park, which I can't remember the name of now. And unfortunately we got rained out by a thunderstorm after 8 holes. Dank won.

That has only been the second real thunderstrom I've experienced since being back in Edmonton. Somewhat disappointing. This storm cell however did form a funnel cloud just north of Red Deer - you may see video of it on the weather network

It's Sunday afternoon now and I've been doing a bit of cleaning around the house. I also took a few pictures of our garden and raspberry bushes. I am also listening to the new Iron & Wine cd "Around The Well". It is excellent.




























































1 comment:

  1. Daniel, nice garden.....what are you all growing? How did you know what to do....or did Bill fill you in with some great tips. The raspberries look great, they make fantastic jam!!!! Looking forward to seeing you this weekend....we are excited to try out the Sante Fe. I think we will all breathe a sigh of relief once we are past GOLDEN....bad vibes there.

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete