Monday, December 14, 2009

Stompot

I would like to make a special request.

Mother dearest, can you please make some stompot for dinner when we're all home. Sorry Pete and Sarah.

Thank you,

Your long lost cold and hungry son, Daniel

The other day it reached -46C and -58C with windchill. Edmonton was the coldest city on earth the other day.

3 comments:

  1. Dear long, lost cold and hungry son who is braving the prairie cold....mother dearest would be very happy to grant you your stompot request.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan your such a suck hah.
    But that would be nice, I love your stompot mom ..yummy comfort food, we had stompot at my dorm but it's just not the same!
    But you deserve it Dan from having no job and surving the freezing cold weather.
    I can't believe BC has snow and Ontario has rain and no snow..it's like we've traded weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan I know how you feel. We are in one of the coldest places in Australia, Eungella National Park. There is little to no humidity, a constant breeze, often cloud cover and a few showers. (January is the start of the rainy season.)
    We have made an excellent pot of stompot without kale or ropeworst. We used chopped bacon, potatoes, carrots, garlic, and silverbeet (a green). But there is nothing that beats Christian school ropeworst and fresh kale stirred up in a pot in mom's kitchen. Yum!

    ReplyDelete