
Went to this sweet hockey store with Janelle in a mall called Vaghn Mills
I just HAD to take my picture with a Canucks jersey to support them and to show you guys I HAVE NOT converted to the Toronto Maple leafs!

Janelle(my roomate) went for a walk near her house

Me and the CN tower!

Joelle, Joyce and I went to Nigara Falls at night.. it's gorgeous in the day but wow was it gorgeous at night! I couldn't get a decent picture of it though.

Joelle, Joyce and Jerry and I went to their pond and passed the puck around

posing.. pretending we are playing real hockey
Sorry that this is a litte late I meant to do when I was on reading break but I didn't have my camera cord and have been busy when I got back from the break with studying and other homework.. and of course watching some olympics hehe!
So this post is just showing you the sum of how I spent my reading break. The first couple days. I went to the Dehaan's place and went skating as you can see in the picture above at one of their ponds near their house and we went to Nigara falls at night and I wish I could show you a picture of it but I couldn't get a decent picture but it was beauiful!
On the last day Joelle drove me to Janelle's place in Toronto but we went a little eariler so that we could spend time time in Toronto and we went to CN tower and went to St. Lawerence market and just looked around.. it was fun! When we did all that Joelle drove me to Janelle's place and her place is HUGE!! It's a very nice house. But I got there but Janelle wasn't there she came home like 5 hours later haha so I just was there and chatted with her family and did some homework.. little awkward at first cause Janelle wasn't there but it was fine they were pretty causal and welcoming.
Janelle does private swimming lessons and teaches 2 kids and get this.. they have an indoor pool and a hot tub...... and there are 3 people living in this house.. crazy! Anyways it was fun though, when Janelle taught one kid I would play with the other so that worked well. She also is a lifeguard at a pool near her house so on the Saturday she would work and then I was just at her place studying and watching some olympics!
We also went skating twice while I was there which was fun too.. I am not as good as her but my excuse is that I am from BC so that makes it a bit better haha.
We also went skating twice while I was there which was fun too.. I am not as good as her but my excuse is that I am from BC so that makes it a bit better haha.
Janelle's mom is a great cook and she is always on the go and their house is always clean .. she reminds me a bit of you mom.. except for she is more low key than you haha.. nothing wrong with that though I miss your craziness and you laughing at your own jokes.. makes me laugh!
Anyways I kinda talked alot sorry, but that's a bit of how my week was.. it was a pretty good break, though I was suspose to study for 30 hours but only did around 3.. but it was hard to study that much since I was at someone's house and that the olympics were on. Oh well. I think I did ok on my midterm and I have 2 more coming up and then a paper so I think I will do ok!
Hope you are all doing well, and get your cheer on for CANADA as they play US for the GOLD!
Love you and miss you all!
-Rach- aka Shelly

Thanks Rach for the update. I'm glad you had a good reading break. It sounds like you were well taken care of. The house in Toronto sounds fantastic! Jeepers..
ReplyDeleteThe pictures were great as well. Toronto is a pretty neat city. Every time I go I see something different. When Peter and i return to Canada we will have to take you to my parents place. That would be sweet! Well keep studying! It will all go by so fast! xoxoxoxox
Great post Shelly, thanks for the updates, its great to see that you had a nice relaxing reading break away from the school. I'm sure it was a welcomed change of scenery!
ReplyDeleteShelly, nice to see some Ont. pics. Sounds like a good reading break. U. Kev and family were to come today, BUT.....s.p. syndrome is revolving around in their house.....yick and blick, eh? One more week here and we have Spr. Break. Olympic Gold was sweet today. It feels like a bit of a let down , now that the Olympics are finished. Great to hear your voice today.
ReplyDelete