Sunday, May 23, 2010

25 Memories for 25 Years...Happy Birthday Peter!!!!

1. May 23......told you that the entire country took a holiday for your birthday
2. baking with you (small blue apron)
3. your red jacket, red rubber boots and blue baseball cap
4. playing with Lanie & Laura
5. loosing you in Guildford Mall & finding you in the food section eating french fries with a
really nice lady....your words were..."hi mom"
6. Eric Carle book....Boa Snicka Snake, Boa Snicka Snake, who do you see?
7. Gr.6 Master Hug coupon (still have it)
8. traveled to Rock City with U.Kevin...didn't shut up until Nordegg
9. cross-country running during John Knox years
10. camping at Gold Creek on Vancouver Island (not good)
11. being a pall-bearer for Grandpa's funeral
12. fireworks, fireworks, fireworks
13.driving you to King's first year
14. notice that you took a lot of pictures that had a girl from Ont. in them (Sarah)
15.meeting Sarah for the first time and watching your face totally light up when you looked at
her
16.watching you mature at King's
17.visiting you at King's
18.having Sarah here for the summer and watching your relationship grow
19.your summer in Ont. (the year of the Rocket!!!!)
20.King's Graduation
21.working in Edmonton (no Peter that summer)
22. your engagement to Sarah
23. your wedding
24. having Sarah and you live with us before leaving for Australia
25. bringing you to the airport to begin your Australian adventure

Happy Birthday Peter. God's blessings. You have given us a lot in the past 25 years!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank mom & Dad,
    Pretty sure mom wrote that...After we talked with you on Skype we had a serious ride on some Canadian made four-wheelers or quads. Yes they were bombardier Can-Ams, very nice quads. The track we took was also allot more aggressive then I anticipated, sometimes quite steep, sometimes on a side angle, very rooty and bumpy and wet and muddy. We had a blast though. As I found out the guy who's quads we used is a rep and rides for Can-Am here in Australia, guess that makes him a pro rider. He was the guy that invited Joe to do the trip though the Simpson desert.

    Thanks for the memories, I remember them all minus the first one. It has been a great quarter century for me, someone told me this quote this week "Life is the stuff that happens while you are busy making plans" I think its something John Lennon said. Anyhow every few weeks I take a hard think and remember where I am, so far from 'home', but experiencing so much. It will be a great return to Canada whenever that is, but until then it will be hard to properly look back on these times.

    All in all I had a great 25th bday, Ester and Terry gave me a piece of pottery and Joe gave me a mickey of Gin. Two presents plus the quad trip, I was expecting none of it so good day.

    Lots of love,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. We are at Terry's place watching 'State of Origin' rugby league game 1 of 3. Thats why we have internet access mid-weed. Its NSW vs. Queensland. This is supposed to be really good 'footy', but its raining in Sydney, where the game is being held, which slows things up. After the first half QLD leads 12-8... We will see how it goes, a pretty rough game but I still prefer hockey!

    ReplyDelete