Starting from a few weeks back when the Zomer's were here. At that time the Canucks were still in the playoffs and mom had converted Henry and Grace into Canuck fans for the night. I'll show you pictures and let mom do more story telling later (she flew to Winnipeg with U. Kevin last night and is on her way to Grand Forks, ND to see Auntie Biz's grad).
Basic idea behind the pictures is the classic farmer with the pitch fork and his wife.

Substitute the pitch fork for a hockey stick. Made for a good laugh!



Again I'll let mom tell some stories, since I was not around.
Last Saturday Jeff hosted a bbq for the Honduras team he was a part of in March. They sat on the back patio, made burgers and chatted for the afternoon. We got the bbq running and enjoyed the warm weather.
Here is a photo of Dad shooting a pellet gun Alex Degroot had brought. They were shooting at pop cans hanging in the tree.

This Sunday we also celebrate Mother's day. We had some special visitors from Ontario who are currently still here. Aunt Trisha, Janine and Jeliesa are visiting until Tuesday I believe. They're staying at U. Vince and A. Annette's place.
So Mother's day Sunday we all went to Pake & Beppe's for lunch. We watched the hockey game at U.Vince's, which we won (Canucks lost on Tuesday and were kicked out again). Jeff, Brian, Ryan and myself played some hockey in the cul-de-sac for a bit too.




Looking at old family photos. I had a decent beard Pete, but recently trimmed it because of a job.
I've been applying to jobs like crazy and I still haven't heard anything back. I've applied to places with BC Parks, environmental consulting companies, etc. Guess no one is hiring..don't know.
However, the other day I got an email from Matt Beimers asking me if I wanted to sub for a day at FVCH. I said sure and so I worked a day at FVCH in the L.A room and also in an English Class. This Monday I'll be doing 2 PE classes.
Apparently there is an employment opportunity for next year in the L.A dept and I've been asked. I'm not too sure, right now I'm leaning towards a 'no'. It'd be cool, but I really want to try and do something different.
Jeff and Rachel are getting good hours at 2 EE's while Mom and Dad keep plugging away at their respective jobs.
So here are a few things we want to accomplish over the summer:
- the steps/patio (we're going to work on that this weekend)
- Jeff and Rachel getting their driver's license
- hiking trips - the Chief, Grouse Grind, Teapot hill, many others hopefully!
- get a job (me)
- camping with the Klomps (Birkenhead Lake??)
Not sure if you guys have seen this, but its supposedly a compostable chip bag from Sun Chips. I'm going to test it out - takes around 13 weeks.

That's all for now! Cheers!
Great blog Dan! I love the updates.
ReplyDelete1. Job searching is never easy and it may take you a long time. Be hopeful though, something always turns up. It most likely will be unexpected. Some how it always turns out that way.
2. Nice pictures! My parents are a bit nutty!
3. I like the sun chips bag. You will have to keep us updated on the status.
4. It sounds like being home is a good thing. Enjoy it because it doesn't last forever.
Oh I really like your goals. The Grouse Grind sucks, but I guess you have to do it at least once in your life. The Chief is much better and much more rewarding!!!! I will be checking to see how many goals you accomplish!!
ReplyDeleteNice blog Dan, BC is a great place. Like your goals, push for birkenhead. Bring a canoe or two! A different camping, but hey we moved one from Alice, now cultus is getting old-Birkenhead is the new place to be. It seems long, but the road leads to a great spot. Im predicting a bit of a fail on the bag. We will see, I would love to be surprised.
ReplyDeleteThat last comment was from Peter by the way.
ReplyDeleteDad is trying a slurpee cup now too - apparently made from some corn based material. I predict more of a fail on that one. We'll see though!
ReplyDeleteHow is the van and everything?
Nice blog Daniel. I love all of the pictures. American Gothic of Henry and Grace was super. We had fun geting ready for that shot. Just got back from N. Dakota. Will post some pics of that soon. Great to be there for A. Biz. I am very proud of my little sister. Wondering about the van too...any news? Kabala g. sale coming up May 29...can't wait!!!!
ReplyDeletePake & Beppe said....
ReplyDeleteNice that we can read all this and keep up to date on the family goings on. nice pictures. We just got the latest update from the Zomers with pictures of Theresa and Graham's big truck. We hope to leave for California on Tuesday. We'll see for how long.☺