This past weekend I had the privilege to go along and chaperon FVC's grade 12 LEAD class kayak trip up the Indian Arm. This is the same class Rachel was in last year. We stayed overnight at a campsite near Granite Falls - a massive waterfall fed from the mountains. All together I think we kayaked around 40km (20km there and back). We started at Deep Cove, where we rented our kayaks, and went all the way up to Granite Falls located near the top right of the arm.
We saw a few jellyfish, seals, eagles and a deer. I'll try and get pictures from the school as soon as I can and I'll post them. The weather was overcast, which made for excellent conditions. It was a great trip and definitely reminded me why I love BC.
There still has been no word of a job for myself, however I am subbing again on Thursday for 2 periods. So in the meantime I've been keeping busy along with much help on projects around the house.
The Infamous Steps! This was done a few weeks ago.

Dad and I rented a masonry saw to finish them off. As you can see they need to be TSP'd to get the green color out. Definitely had to do a bit of 'fudging' to make things work too.

We had the saw for the long weekend so we also took out the slippery wooden pad in front of the shed and built a small brick landing.

The garage needed some lovin' after the Kabala garage sale (Mom is working on that post). So yesterday Dad and myself tackled it and built a shelving unit. Nothing special but it works.

Nails: 10$
Lumber: $40
Having a clean garage and a happy mother: priceless
For everything else there's Dad's Mastercard
Today I organized the shed too a bit and burned a bunch of crap while Dad was at work. The good lumber was either used or moved into the shed.
The yard on a sunny day

Burning

Some random photo of Rachel doing something with cards

Evening clouds while Jeff and I were shooting some puck around. We've been practicing for Hockey Day at Fraser Valley, which is this weekend.

So that's a little update for now. Rachel and Jeff have been working pretty steadily, as well as Pops of course. Mom has been feeling under the weather and has been in bed mostly for the last 2 days.
Hope you guys are doing well. We'd love to see some more photos if you have time and quick internet! Nice to skype with you too.
Love the BC Brouwer's
Thanks for the update Dan. Great pics, can't wait to see and read more about the kayak trip up the Indian Arm. I'll have to do that one with a few mates when I return, there must be a kayak out there that Groot could fit into...J/k haha. Looks like you and Dad work well together, the two of us could never quite get those quality results. We both like to work, we just have different strategies...We will try and give you something to chew on this weekend.
ReplyDeletePS Mom I hope you are feeling better. Take it easy.
Nice pics Dan, but they are even better in real life. The garage looks fantastic!!!! thanks Dan for doing that with dad. I'm feeling a ton better....still major snotterbells and a deep chest cough. Report cards are the next hurdle. FVCHS ball hockey tourney this Sat. Brian Cook is playing on the same team as Jeff and Daniel. Looking forward to watching them play. They say the sun is to make an appearance that day. It would be nice, since we haven't seen her in quite some time. Hopefully I will be around when we skype...I missed the call last week b/c I was sick. Anymore news on fixing the van? Love you both.
ReplyDeleteAs far as the van goes I managed to find a part out of a 78 Hiace that should fit over no worries. Jim, a boss from work, picked up the part for us one last monday on route while doing some other errands. Brenden, another guy from work, said that the pinion seal was bust, so I got a new one and he plunked it in for me in 5mins, hes a mechanic on site at the farm. Joe and Jude are up north in the cape for two weeks visiting relatives, going bush and camping. Once they're back him and I will put the new rear end in. So I am pretty confident that it will be in within three weeks from now.
ReplyDeleteWe have been blessed with all the helping hands and generosity around us. It just comes to us when we need it, brilliant!