It's Friday. Usually that means I have work tomorrow, but this weekend I finally get a Saturday off!
We had a small crew this week as 2 members were on vacation and James (my roommate) had to leave unexpectedley. James' dad was having chest pains last week and was admitted to the hospital in Taber, AB. He was flown out to Calgary and so James drove down be there with his family. Apparently he had a hardened blood clot in his coronary artery...the doctors were shocked he didn't have a massive heart attack. A miracle if you ask me. He had an angioplasty and is now doing much better. Please keep James' family in your prayers as his dad recovers. He's 59.
Quite a heavy note to begin a blog with I know, but it will get lighter.
With a small crew, just two labourers (me and my friend Ben Folkman), our site supervisor and project manager we managed to finish our site today. This was a mere $54,000 job. No big deal. Check facebook for photos. And so we get the day off tomorrow, which is nice.
It was pay day today too, bonus!
I came home and made burgers and had fresh raspberries for desert. I sat outside in just my shorts and listened to Iron & Wine through my bedroom window.
Our raspberry bushes are loaded that its hard to eat them all. Bill picked us a bunch so that we can have them at breakfast. He is also making us (or his wife) a raspberry rhubarb crisp!
I don't know what I'll do with my extra day. Sleep in, go for a run or bike ride and maybe go geocaching with Ben Folkman. He has his brothers GPS unit.
I'm glad to see someone has posted a blog on here...way to go Sarah! I hope to see some more bloggings...perhaps with some pictures of home or even from Rocky Mtn. House. I'll try and post some pictures when I get my camera back.
Friday, July 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish we had a neighbour Bill! Lucky!
ReplyDelete