Sunday, November 1, 2009

HALLOWE'EN 2009

mom
My goal was to put Jeff's pic first....so I have some learning to do!!!!
Kathleen came by to borrow the $$$$$ bra!!!


Darth Vader a.k.a Benjamin Dieleman
Wendy the Wonderful Witch a.k.a mom
Wee wonderful witch a.k.a Lauren Dieleman

Jeff.....old man Jeff
Dressed up for SD pumpkin carving



very old man Jeff


Twas the night before Halloween and all through the house
Mom Wendy was scurrying, to decorate the house
Papa G was reading his paper, and I in my witch hat
Had everything settled, to welcome the goblins and bats
The candy was counted, the lights were ablaze
In hopes that the neighbour kids would arrive in a daze
Now all of this happened, without a hitch
It was the morning after, that threw us in the ditch
Papa G was in his Sunday clothes, Jeff and I too
When Papa G exclaimed, now what do we do?
When to our amazement, what did we see,
But two of our pumpkins gone, vanished you see
Right off the front step, very late at night
To be squished and squashed, perhaps even pureed.
It was Pete's old sad man pumpkin, and Papa G's ghoul
Never to be seen again, whisked away to Woodland school.
As we drove away slowly, ere out of sight
We all said together, what a great Hallow e'en night!!!



7 comments:

  1. Oh man I laughed so hard out loud you look greeeeat mom haha that's so funny!
    Kathleen mentioned she borrowed the money bra and I was thinking to my self uh-oh haha. What did she dress up as.. a belly dancer? Haha that's funny, where did you even get that?

    Jeff I love your costume as wellpretty sweet!
    The hat is a good touch, good thing I forgot to pack it with me, maybe i'll get it when I come home for Christmas.

    Dan I saw some pictures of you as a moose, pretty sweet. So you got a stuffed moose and tore it apart to make your costume? That's crazy. Nice work. I thought it was a costume it self. Did you see pictures of me on facebook, I looke quite nerdy.

    Pete and Sarah did anything happen over there in Australia for Halloween? Did you end up dressing up?
    Anyways, thanks mom for posting some pictures up I was looking foward to seeing them..I should put some up as well but there are a few on facebook so you can check those out if everyone likes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, those are some great costumes! Jeff you look like a very old man...funny thing is almost the whole outfit consists of my actual clothes!!...What does that say.
    Mom, well done as usual. Great poem too!
    Papa G-How many kids this year??
    Australians don't know what Halloween is or how to make it a fun night.
    O well.
    Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I laughed my but off! Wendy great costume as always! The front of the house looked wonderous! Jeff now I know what you will look like (sorta) when you are old! You pulled it off to a t!
    At our hostel some people dressed up. But overall Australians do not dress up. :(
    RAch and Dan I'm going to check facebook asap!

    On Halloween night Peter and I became Tante's and Oom's again! Little baby Rose Dinelle was born early on Nov. 1. All is well with mother and child. Little Grace sorta know's but she still thinks the baby is in Amy's stomach. A little time and she will get it. In the meantime she is staying with Opa and Oma. If you want to see pictures check them out at zomerfamily.blogspot.com. She is a darling thing. I can't wait to see her already!

    Wendy I'm not sure why you are not receiving our emails? STrange. In the meantime Jeff or Dan can you please fwrd them? I will recheck the email address but I think it is correct. I faintly remember this happening around wedding planning. Wendy should I add your school email address? Hmm..
    We miss you all! Today we get our van! In time we will take pictures an post them. It's yellow, with a pop top. Did I mention it's old? 1979 old. But we got it for a good $ Peter knocked him down $700. So we are happy. But it will be an adjustment. Sending our love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ONLY had 170 kids. People were dropping off vans full of kids. Some came to the door in droves of 10-12. Jeff and I could hardly keep up. Kathleen dressed up to show Emily at work.

    Dan the moose was sweet. Dad thought you had a real moose head, took the stuffing guts out from the taxidermist. He breathed a heavy sigh of relief when he found out it was cloth. Shelley...a.k.a. nerdy environmentalist. sweet.Looks like you had a ton of fun.

    Jeff can forward the emails to us Sarah. We'll see how that works. Can't wait to see pics of the van. Which direction or area are you heading to? Commented on Facebook about little Rose...sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow comment central!

    Mom your sneering face is...well you look like a witch. I enjoyed the poem as well.

    Jeff I hope to see you like that one day with a full beard! Funny costume I liked it!

    Papa G - were you a gangster for halloween?

    Pete and Sarah congrats on becoming Tante's and Oom's again. Hope you guys are doing well in Australia. Where are you right now?

    I might be purchasing a vehicle soon myself from a friend - a mazda 5 2002. We'll see though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Pete and Sarah on becoming aunt and uncle again I mean Tante and Oom :)
    I will check out the zomer blog to see some pictures of little Rose!

    ps. I like Lauren and Ben's costume too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. jeff said...

    Pete & Sarah congrats on becoming tante and oom again with amy and joel's new baby. Thank you all for the wonderfuull commets on my coustume, and yes pete most of the clothes were from you that i found, but im glad i used them otherwise my transformation to an old man would not be complete. Hope your enjoying ur time in Aussie land and I can't wait to hear the many stories that you will have to share when you guys come back home take care!

    ReplyDelete