Friday, October 30, 2009

Landscape No More

Today was my last day of landscaping. It was actually anti-climactic. We were told that we had to come in this morning early so we could lay down 35 pallets of sod (each pallet has 70 rolls of sod = 700 sq feet). "Unfortunately" it snowed and rained last night so the ground was too wet. So technically yesterday was our last day of full work.

James and me went to the shop this morning picked up our 2nd last cheque and then went back home and slept. I didn't wake up until 12pm! It felt good.

So now I need to find a new job. It's difficult having no vehicle now, so I'll need to find something close. I'm picked up an application form from Sport Mart, which is just at the Bonnie Doon mall.
I'm not looking for anything serious right now, just something flexible until spring arrives.

Tomorrow is halloween and I'll be dressing up as a moose. I told the parents and Jeff that I had found a stuffed moose at Value Village and tore it apart to make it into my costume. I'll post a picture once I have it all on.

Hope your travels, adventures and daily lives are going well. I am quite jealous of you all: Pete and Sarah - the pictures look beautiful, Rachel in Ontario going to school - enjoy it! It goes by quickly! Jeff at home - sometimes you miss home more than you think, plus you're in beautiful British Columbia.

I hope you're all doing well.

Love Daniel

listening to: U2! Steve just went to their show in Vancouver and apparently they're coming to Edmonton next June (I don't know where I'll be but it'd be awesome to go!).

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog Dan. Everything seems a little topsy turvy right now....kids scattered....so this blog is a great connector. A job will come.....missing you all!!

    Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Dan! I know what you mean about missing home. Not that we realllly are. But Peter wishes Australians celebrate Halloween. :( We keep on comparing Australia to B.C. We do live in a beautiful country!!! Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sarah and Pete, just wondering how you celebrated your anniversary? We have noticed that we are not getting your emails. Jeff and Rach are both getting them, and Daniel b/c he commented on the pics... have checked spam too, not sure what is up. jeff ahd SD pumpkin carving tonight. Will post some pics after Hallowe'en. We like the pic of you with Bronzeman.

    ReplyDelete