So time for a little update. I just got off the phone with Hilda Buisman (King's Enrollment) and I did not get the admissions counselor job. She said they had a long discussion and flipped-flopped between me and another and in the end the other person had a few things up on me. Oh well.
I don't feel too disappointed. Almost relieved I to be honest. I think it would have been a good fit job for a short time; however, I think they wanted someone who will stick around for all of next year. It would have made finding a summer job a bit more difficult. I still don't know where I'll be living or where I'll be so perhaps this is a good thing. We shall see!
I'd like to travel. So far, I'm thinking September.
And so the hunt continues - I may have to settle for some construction job or something. I've been looking but not applying. Now I probably will.
Anyways, things out here have been great. We've been enjoying some balmy weather (+5C today!) and enjoying hanging out with friends etc.
I've gathered some hockey gear too as of late and been going to Sunday night and Wednesday night hockey. It's a blast. Full gear hockey with goalies and good ice. Wednesday night I got 6 goals and a few assists. It felt good..haha. But it's not the NHL that's for sure.
I'll try and get a picture of us in our gear one day (Jeff, Steve, Brian and me). Hope you're doing well - take care!
Love Daniel
ps. I'd love to see some more pictures from everywhere - Australia, Jeff's hockey game (that deserves a post in itself), Ontario and of BC. I hear you're getting a buttload of rain.
Hey Dan, thanks for the update. We have been without internet for awhile.
ReplyDeleteJob searching sucks. Hence I settled with Starbucks. Which I'm still trying to decide if that was a good thing or not.
Hey Dan....
ReplyDeleteDad and I were just talking at breakfast time, wondering how things turned out. Thanks for letting us know. I know that you talked about construction over Christmas, so it's good to know that is an option.
The hockey sounds fantastic...wish I could watch a game or two.
We have had a ton of rain, but we were whisked into sunshine yesterday afternoon and today. This morning Dad and I raked, pruned, swept the steps....it felt like a fire day. The crocuses, hyacinth are starting to pop out of the ground.But, later tonight the rain will return.
Looking forward to watching a Canuck game against Sid the Kid.
Love Mom
Good news! Talked to Jeff Veenstra tonight and he said his boss is looking for another guy to help frame. He's going to talk to him Monday and then I may soon be framing. I think it's a good opportunity to pick up some skills and hang out and work with Jeff. Jeff said he'd pick me up. I'll let you know.
ReplyDelete