Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Latest From "Aus" Couple

I know you guys sent out an email, but it's cool to see on the blog too. Since I have nothing better to do in Edmonton, here are the photos.


Sarah and an Amish man she met at a waterfall

The 'happy-go-lucky' hiking crew BEFORE their hike. Joost with the juicy beard and Joris the 'jacked one'

Natural rock water slide close to where they camped. Who's that skinny fellow at the top of the falls? Eat some meat Pete!


Wallaman Falls (highest in Aus)

Someone's point of view

Invertebrate

I'm assuming this is at the free campground where you guys stayed for awhile and get internet etc..?

Rock cave or tree?


Some colorful beetles


A praying mantis what looks like to be on Pete's hat


My personal favorite (great contrast!). I giant moth the size of your hand that hung out on the bathroom wall all day


Tropical fruit in their basket

Paradise. Is this the falls behind Terry's place?


Another great shot

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Dan! You make the pictures even more enjoyable to look at!
    Joris was totally 'jacked.' (I couldn't help but notice. :)
    - The invertebrate is a really cool bug because you can lick their bums and it tastes like lime!
    - The waterfall is the one in Terry and Esther's back yard!
    That's all for now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures......it sure does appear to be quite diverse in landscape/vegetation. I love the blue bugs...what are they? Did you lick the bum of the invertebrate? Just wondering. I think Dr. Wood(s) would have a blast here!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure did and it was great! Oh and I forgot to mention, the day before we went hiking in the Misty Mountains I read that quote on the wall in the bathroom stall. I thought it spoke exactly what we were about to go through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The van pick was taken at Innot hot springs on the way to the Undara Lava tubes (not a tree). The tunnels as you can guess from the name were formed when hot lava flowed from a volcano, cooling on the outsides, but still running hot on the inside. They are the longest flows of lava in the world! Most of it though has either caved it or full of earth and mud, this was just an opening. I am not sure what kind of beetle that was mom, just caught my eye though, I'll try and find out.

    ReplyDelete